Today, PriceCharting launched a free video game marketplace.
That's right. No listing fees. No selling fees. No buying fees.
The only fee is for payment processing but that doesn't go to us.
What makes our marketplace different than eBay or Amazon:
- No fees - that's a pretty big one
- Always free shipping - every item on the marketplace ships for free
- Objective conditions - sellers use conditions like 'brand new', 'writing', 'torn label', etc instead of 'good', 'acceptable', etc. You can filter results by these conditions.
- Know what's included - sellers choose exactly what is included, 'game', 'box', and 'manual'. You can filter results by what is included.
- Making a listing is fast - it takes about 45 seconds to make a listing (75% less than than ebay)
For now the marketplace is only available to US buyers and sellers. We plan to add Canada in the near future and other countries after that, but we don't have an exact timeframe for this expansion.
You can search for a game to buy or you can browse all the newly listed games too.
Try the marketplace today.
If you like the idea of a free marketplace, please let other people know about it. A marketplace only succeeds if lots of people use it. Otherwise fees win :(